World Press Freedom Day is back again! The Centre for Independent Journalism (CIJ) is celebrating it on this 10 May. In the last 6 years, CIJ has commemorated this day, which falls on 3 May, through public activities that included exhibitions, talks and concerts. This year, we will be organising a public forum at the Annexe, Central Market on 10 May, on the topic "Media Under Najib: Hope or Disappointment".
The panel speakers are:
- Associate Professor of Communication Studies at the Science University of Malaysia, Mr. Zaharom Nain
- Political analyst and Chairman of Writers Alliance for Media Independence, Mr. Wong Chin Huat
- Special Assistant to Selangor state Chief Minister, Ms Tricia Yeoh
The forum will touch on, among others:
- Exploring the prime minister's options viz-a-viz clamours for reform on one side and calls for entrenchment of the status quo on another
- Current and future trends that may affect or involve the media and free expression.
- What Malaysia needs badly in terms of reform on press freedom and expression and whether Najib can deliver them
Date: 10 May 2009 (Sunday)
Time: 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
Venue: Annex Gallery, Central Market
Join us for a lively discussion! See you there!
For more information please call Wai Fong at 03 4023 0772 or email email@example.com